- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website
- Wednesday lunchtime drop in at The Glen (left before PE)
- Christmas Lunch Wednesday 12th Dec
- S1-3 Christmas Party Mon 17th Dec 6pm-9pm S4-6 Winter Formal Thursday 20th Dec 7pm-9pm
- NHS CAMHS session for parents/carers on looking after you own wellbeing Mon 10th Dec 3pm-4pm
Junior and Senior Pupils Will Learn The Following Skills in Biology.
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding by making statements, describing information, explaining and integrating knowledge.
- Applying knowledge to new situations, interpreting information and solving problems.
- Planning, designing and safely carrying out experiments/investigations to test given hypotheses or to illustrate particular effects.
- Carrying out experimental procedures safely, recording observations and collecting data.
- Selecting and presenting information.
- Selecting and processing information in a variety of forms (using calculations and units, where appropriate).
- Making predictions and generalisations based on evidence/information.
- Drawing valid conclusions and giving explanations supported by evidence/justification.
- Suggesting improvements to experiments/investigations and communicating findings/information.
Junior Pupils will study the following topics.
Life on Earth:
Note: Assessment will be based on work carried out throughout the course, including experimental skills.
Senior Pupils will study the following topics.
National 4/5 Higher Human Biology Advanced Higher
Cell Biology Human Cells Cells and Proteins
Multicellular Organisms Physiology and Health Organism and Evolution
Life on Earth Neurobiology and Communication Investigative Biology
Immunology and Health
What careers are available?
Life Science (particularly in Scotland) Research & development (industry/academia) / Lecturer Clinical biochemistry/immunology/microbiology / Technical e.g. quality control, research technician Specialist e.g. ecologist, pollution control, bioinformatician / Medical doctor/nurse/physiotherapist / Patent attorney / Regulatory affairs / Technology transfer / Teaching Science communication /journalism /publishing / Research management.