- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website
- School finishes on Friday 29th June at 12.15
- Wishing all members of our school community a relaxing summer break
- School resumes for pupils on Wed 15th August at 08.45
- Mon 13th & Tues 14th August are In-service training days for staff
Junior and Senior Pupils will learn the following skills in Chemistry.
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding by making statements, describing, explaining and integrating knowledge.
- Applying knowledge of chemistry to new situations, interpreting information and solving problems.
- Planning and designing experiments/investigations to test given hypotheses or to illustrate particular effects.
- Carrying out experimental procedures safely, recording observations and collecting data.
- Selecting and presenting information appropriately in various forms.
- Processing information (using calculations and units, where appropriate).
- Making predictions and generalisations based on evidence/information.
- Drawing valid conclusions and giving explanations supported by evidence/justification.
- Identifying a source of error and suggesting improvements to experiments/investigations.
- Communicating findings/information accurately.
Junior Pupils will study the following topics.
Chemical Changes and Structure:
Chemistry In Society:
Note: Assessment will be based on work carried out throughout the course, including experimental skills.
Senior Pupils will study the following topics.
National 4/5 Higher Advanced Higher
Chemical Changes and Structure Chemical Changes and Structure Inorganic and Physical Chemistry Nature’s Chemistry Nature’s Chemistry Organic Chemistry
Researching Chemistry Chemistry in Society Instrumental Analysis
Researching Chemistry Researching Chemistry
What careers are available?
Education / Finance
Forensics / Health and Safety
Industry / Laboratory Work
Law / Consultancy
Media / Sales and Marketing