- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website
- Follow the Careers & Jobs tab for info on The Sutton Trust Summer School
- See our Junior and Senior Option Choice Booklets under Latest Notices
- Congratulations to our YPI winners - Chloe, Taylor, Jody & Melanie
- Drop in service for careers advice from Skills Development Scotland every Tuesday interval and lunchtime
Staff Mrs A Grieve, Mrs K Leonard, Mrs C Zaidan
The Home Economics department consists of three members of staff. As a team we provide pupils with a variety of interesting courses that contribute to life, learning and work. We provide courses for all levels of ability from S1 to S6.
In the senior phase, we offer Hospitality, Health & Food, Fashion & Textiles and Early Education & Childcare. We endeavour to create a positive and enjoyable environment in which pupils at all stages can enjoy both practical and theoretical classes. Courses are designed to challenge all pupils, as it is very important to us that every pupil is given the opportunity to achieve his or her full potential.
Rigorous monitoring and tracking takes place throughout coursework and progress is reported to pupils, parents and carers. Homework is given on a regular basis and is used to reinforce classwork or to revise work.
The Home Economics department is responsible for delivering core courses in S1, S2 and S3 and also S3 Hospitality and S3 Fashion & Textiles.
Link to SQA site for Nat 4, Nat 5 and Higher Health & Food Technology past papers and guidelines