- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website
- Library Stationery on sale NOW!
- Breakfast Club NOW open!
- Library Appeal: please bring back any overdue books.
Careers Support in School & Post School
Skills Development Scotland has careers advisers working in every secondary school in the country. Their role is to help your child with developing career management skills as well as offering careers information, advice and guidance.
In Glenrothes High School careers advice and support is delivered by two part-time Careers Advisers.
Services consist of:
• Monthly careers lunchtime sessions on topics such as CVs, applying to College etc.
• One to one career coaching for those who need it. Pupils are identified by guidance staff.
• Delivery of careers groupwork in PSE classes. These sessions are aimed at developing pupils’ career management skills.
• Attendance at parents' evenings for senior pupils and at Options Evenings.
• The My World of Work website which provides information for pupils, parents/carers and teachers.
The Careers Advisers will also meet with all S2 pupils on a 1:1 basis prior to subject choice. Parents/carers can attend these meetings and an invitation will be extended nearer the time.
If you have any questions regarding careers advice please contact our careers advisers:
As well as our work in schools, Skills Development Scotland has a Post School Team which provides careers information, advice and guidance to anyone (of any age) in need of careers support. We have a part time Careers Centre in the Rothes Halls (Opening hours: Monday & Tuesday 9:30am to 4:30pm and Wednesday & Thursday 1:30pm to 4:30pm) and a full time centre at Whytescauseway in Kirkcaldy. The facilities can be used on a drop in basis or an appointment can be arranged to speak with a Careers Adviser by phoning 01592 645180.