- Welcome to Glenrothes High School.
- Please click on the following links for school updates.
- Coronavirus Updates
- Free High Quality Online Study Support Sessions
- One Stop Shop
- DYW Newsletter
- Rights Respecting Schools Award
- The Well Near Me - Leaflet
- Winter Writing Competition
- Family Author Event
- Willow the Nurture Pup
- Important Information for Parents
- Blended Learning Letter for Parents/Carers
- Health Zone 2020
- Rights Respecting School Award
- On Line Safety Tips for Parents
- Library, Free EBooks & Activities to Download & support Key Stage 2
- Support for Young People
First Chances Project
The First Chances Project is a partnership between the University of St Andrews, Fife Education and The Robertson Trust. This innovative programme aims to raise the aspirations and attainment of selected pupils from P7 throughout their high school journey, with continued support into higher education.
First Chances - S3 to S6
The senior phase of the First Chances Project aims to equip pupils with the skills necessary to achieve their full potential during their time in education, as well as provide them with a range of information on further and higher education which will allow them to make informed decisions about their future. The project aims to enhance the chances of pupils being offered a place at a competitive university or course of their choice (wherever this may be) and encourages pupils to make the most of their ‘first chances’ and access all opportunities available to them.
From S3 to S6, a tailored programme of workshops, tutoring, project work, e-mentoring and summer schools will be offered to pupils to ensure they are supported at each stage of their educational journey. Additional support will also be offered to teachers and parents to ensure pupils are well supported in school and at home. A flexible programme structure is also offered to all care experienced young people within the local area.