- Welcome to Glenrothes High School.
- Please click on the following links for school updates.
- Coronavirus Updates
- NEW! March/April Assessment Information
- NEW! Senior Pupil Leadership Team Applications
- One Stop Shop
- The Well Near Me - Leaflet
- Rights Respecting School Award
- On Line Safety Tips for Parents
- Library, Free EBooks & Activities to Download & support Key Stage 2
- Support for Young People
- National Qualifications: Support for Senior Learners
- New Study Support Timetable 21/22
- SQA Appeals Letter to Learners
In the event of school closure please follow the instructions below for each year group to continue your studies at home.
Recipes to Practice at Home.
The Home Economics team provides pupils with a variety of interesting courses that contribute to life, learning and work. We provide courses for all levels of ability from S1 to S6.
In the senior phase, we offer Hospitality, Health & Food, Fashion & Textiles and Early Education & Childcare. We endeavour to create a positive and enjoyable environment in which pupils at all stages can enjoy both practical and theoretical classes. Courses are designed to challenge all pupils, as it is very important to us that every pupil is given the opportunity to achieve his or her full potential.
Rigorous monitoring and tracking takes place throughout coursework and progress is reported to pupils, parents and carers. Homework is given on a regular basis and is used to reinforce classwork or to revise work.
The Home Economics department is responsible for delivering core courses in S1, S2 and S3 and also S3 Hospitality and S3 Fashion & Textiles.
Link to SQA site for Nat 4, Nat 5 and Higher Health & Food Technology past papers and guidelines