- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website please click on the following links for school updates.
- For All School, SQA, Coronavirus Updates & Letters Home
- School Bus Timetables August 2020
- Library, Free Books & Activities to Download
- Support for Young People - Click Here
Here you will find information to help and support Young Carers.
What is a Young Carer?
We at Glenrothes High School are committed to meeting the needs of all learners. One group of people who often require additional academic or emotional support are Young Carers. It is estimated that 1 in 8 young people in Fife will have a caring role at some point in their life. (Fife pupil-wise survey 2017/2018)
A Young Carer is a child or a young person, whose life has been affected by looking after a family member who may suffer from long term illness, HIV/AIDS, physical or learning disability and/or drug or alcohol misuse.
Please read the following article to find out how this may affect them as well as what support is available.
If you think your child may be a Young Carer please contact our Young Carer Champion Mr Forsyth via the school telephone number - 01592 583476.
Click on the link below for Fife Young Carers website.